Finance services offered to savers leave them the responsibility to operate in accordance with moral principles, avoiding speculative activities even if within the limits of the law.
“Speculation indicates transactions that are made for the sole purpose of getting a profit from changes in prices”. In the case of operations on the stock, purchasing and selling of assets are made with the purpose to gain money on changes in prices as soon as possible without any interests to maintain the stock in view of future dividends. (http://www.jstor.org/stable/2376347?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents)
Investment, conversely, is carried out in the medium-long term perspective with the aim of obtaining a fair return through dividends without hazards on the expected returns on capital.
How to maintain adequate personal profile:
- have in mind a medium-long term horizon
- invest in ethical activities;
- Avoid the study and the purchase of any financial instrument designed for research of short and very short-term profit;
- avoid the pursuit of profit through short-term activities;
- avoid the attachment to the idea of making money;
- avoid any forms of offers (even though legally admitted) intented to do speculation.
How to invest should be focused on the above aspects that are of primary relevance for a correct moral-religious behavior regardless of any types of economic concern and considerations.
SPECULATION IS TO BE ABANDONED IN FAVOUR OF
(MEDIUM LONG TERM HORIZON)